- 2½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 jarred roasted yellow bell pepper, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of kosher salt plus ¼ teaspoon, divided
- 2 pounds thin rainbow carrots, scrubbed
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until the garlic starts to brown and the onion softens, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a mini food processor. Add bell pepper, honey, vinegar, paprika and a pinch of salt; process until smooth. Set aside.
- 3Place carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 4Grill the carrots, perpendicular to the grates so they don’t fall through, turning often, until tender-crisp and lightly charred, about 15 minutes total. Serve with the reserved ketchup.