- ⅓ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound baby beets, scrubbed and trimmed as desired
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2Stir together jam and vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Stir in thyme.
- 3Leave beets smaller than 1 inch wide whole. If larger, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wedges. Toss the beets in a large bowl with oil, garlic powder and salt.
- 4Grill the beets, turning occasionally, until slightly charred, about 10 minutes. Brush with half of the raspberry glaze and continue to cook until tender, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- 5To serve, spread goat cheese on a platter and top with the beets and remaining glaze. Garnish with thyme and raspberries, if desired.