- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon tart or sour cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cherry preserves
- ½ teaspoon jarred adobo sauce or ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 pound kale, stems trimmed to 3 inches
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2Stir together barbecue sauce, cherry juice, preserves and adobo sauce (or ground chipotle) in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High until warm, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- 3Divide kale into 4 bundles and tie each with kitchen string about 1 inch from the stem end. Brush the bundles with oil.
- 4Grill the kale, turning once, until slightly charred, about 6 minutes total. Serve the kale drizzled with the reserved sauce.