- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar, such as demerara
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound fingerling or small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2Combine mint, orange zest, sugar and salt in a small bowl; gently crush together with the back of a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- 3If using small sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges. Toss the sweet potatoes with oil and pepper in a medium bowl. Place in a single layer on the grill or in a grill basket. Cook, turning every 5 minutes, until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 20 to 25 minutes total.
- 4Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Add butter and toss to coat. Serve with the reserved orange-mint gremolata.